Tuesday, August 01, 2006

News For Potterheads

Reuters reports that two of America's favorite authors, Steven King and John Irving, are begging Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling not to kill off the boy hero in the upcoming seventh and final book in the popular series.

The three writers appeared at a charity event at New York's Radio City Music Hall.

"I can resolve the story now and it's fun in a way it wasn't before because finally I've reached my resolution, and I think some people will loathe it and some people will love it, but that's how it should be," said Rowling.

She is reportedly "well into" the final book, but is making no promises about the fate of the now-famous trio. "We're working toward the end I always planned but a couple of characters I expected to survive have died and one character got a reprieve." She would not provide more details.

The Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie is scheduled for release next July, and fans are already counting down. The final book is expected late next year or early in 2007.

5 Comments:

Blogger kateykakes said...

I was never into all the Harry Potter hype so I guess I can't understand why everyone is making such a big deal out of this.

It's Rowling's book; it's her character. If she's had enough and doesn't want to continue on or have "Potter" live, why should anyone try to sway her to change her mind?

It's make-believe, for crying out loud!

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Die Harrry Potter, die! (Oh, was that out loud?)

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty much all the soap-operas are make-believe too, but thousands of people stuck to their screens for hours every day.
Somehow everybody still want to believe that good will win. That's why nobody wants Harry to die.
I love these books, and want to see him very much alive and keep fighting. (even if it's only make-believe)

5:52 PM  
Blogger Cop the Truth said...

Bobgirrl, that was a very garlicky comment! Mila, you can come over and join the book seven reading group. Katey, you can wait for the movie!!! ;o)

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bobgirrl, what did poor boy do to you??
Cop, give me direction, I'll be right over!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home