Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Missing Soldiers Found Dead


Stars & Stripes reports this morning that the two soldiers missing from a checkpoint in the "triangle of death" near Youssifiyah, Iraq, have been found dead. According to the report, the two soldiers had been "slaughtered" and "killed in a barbaric way." The two soldiers went missing on Friday, when their checkpoint was attacked. Spc. David Babineau was killed in the attack, and Pfcs. Kristian Menchaca and Thomas Tucker were kidnapped. All three soldiers were from the 101st Air Assault.

I salute your courage and sacrifice, brothers, and I hope that your families finds peace and solace in the fact that you served your country honorably and did your duty in a way that most of us will never have to.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cop the Truth said...

I don't think there are any "simple civilians", really. I think that everyone has a part to play, in times of war and peace, and it's up to each of us to find our own ways to contribute. You can find ways to donate phone cards, or volunteer at the VA, or just say "thanks" when you come across veterans in your travels. Blogging is, I think, a great way to do show your support because it gives you the soapbox to voice your opinions and gives others an opportunity to hear them. And that support helps the troops in the trenches more than you will ever know, trust me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Kittyn!!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Lady Jane said...

This is such a horrid story! I cannot imagine what the families must be going through right now. They are all in my prayers!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Cop the Truth said...

Unfortunately, I know exactly what the family is going through, since I've buried several friends, and delivered such horrid news on many occasions. And believe me, that makes it even worse. Thanks for reading!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home