Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happy Birthday U.S. Army!


Today is Flag Day, a day to honor all who have served and lived under the most recognizable symbol of freedom the world has ever known. May she find a stiff breeze and an old warrior to salute her!

It's also the 231st birthday of the U.S. Army and the Infantry. Soldiers all over the world are hoisting a glass, trading coin checks, and remembering those who gave their lives so that we could see this day. I salute each and every one of you.

But of course, on such a day, the niceties must be observed. Therefore I offer the traditional toast:

I have ridden the skies in great machines, hooked up and jumped with the best of men. I have fought long and hard, and when I felt I had no energy left, I have been fired by the fear that if I stopped fighting, my comrades would die. And when I was in danger, enemy all around, I heard the thunder from my left and my right, as my life was defended. I have never been alone. I live, jump, fight and battle to victory with the greatest assemblage of men on earth. Gentlemen, to the BROTHERHOOD of the PARACHUTE INFANTRY.

To the PARACHUTE INFANTRY!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home